Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quick Cinnamon Roll Yeast Muffins



If you are craving the taste of warm cinnamon rolls but not the effort involved in making and rolling a brioche-type dough, these delicious Quick Cinnamon Roll Muffins* are the perfect solution: they are made with yeast but no fuss, all the rising happens in the oven as it preheats, they come out beautifully puffy, and with or without an icing glaze they will reward you with yeast-y cinnamon-y goodness; my only tip is to sprinkle the cinnamon filling on top since it falls as the dough rises (mine all ended up on the bottom of the muffin cups and I had to scrape it off and stick it back onto the muffins) oh, and if you're using instant yeast, as I did, use 3 teaspoons.

As you may have guessed, I wrote the post above during One-Sentence-Blog-Post-Week, but never managed to get it posted, mostly because I couldn't figure out how to post the recipe source info in one sentence! Here's the scoop on the recipe:

*The original recipe was from Fleischman's Rapid Rise Yeast, and was for a cinnamon bun bread/coffee cake. It was baked in that form and posted by Baking Bites, and then baked as muffins by Joy the Baker. But I found the recipe from my blog friend Margot, of Effort To Deliciousness, who made muffins. Once I saw the muffins, I couldn't consider the bread version!


{edit to add that these muffins have been Yeastspotted!}

14 comments:

TeaLady said...

Long road to your oven. They look MAHVELOUS!!! Definitely marking this one.

Maria said...

I could go for one of these any morning!

Unknown said...

Yum, that's my kind of breakfast! Those look delicious.

Audrey said...

I haven't made my BBA cinnamon rolls yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to gravitate toward these instead! Gorgeous (and very tempting!) photos! I've made the
quick cinnamon rolls from Cooks Illustrated that are made with a biscuit dough, and those are very good too!

Katrina said...

Those look fabulous. One of my sons would especially love them.

Di said...

Oh, wow. Totally bookmarking these right this minute. I bet Gillian will love them... (me, too!)

Jennifer said...

Oh NANCY! These look heavenly!!!!!

margot said...

How great are these? You really can't say anything bad about something that gives you cinnamon rolls so quickly! It's funny, I had been worried about too much cinnamon on the top when I made them too, good tip!

natalia said...

Ciao ! They look so yummy !!!

Anonymous said...

They look delicious. And way easy to bring and share at work (less messy).

Cathy said...

Oh, these look great! And seeing the one sentence post makes me all wistful for One Sentence Blog Post Week. *sigh* Those were the days.

I'm definitely making these muffins!

natalia said...

Ciao Nancy ! I made the bba recipe ! If sometimes you need help in putting everything together let me know !!GRAZIE

Mimi said...

Great photos. I have to try these!

Susan/Wild Yeast said...

I love when recipes go around like this. Muffins are a great idea and yours look fabulous!